Well, I have been neglecting this blog because I got sucked back into Facebook. I'd initially started this blog as sort of a Facebook alternative to updating family and friends about life here on the Ridge, and I'd like to get back to that. I'm definitely spending too much time on FB these days!
Here's a little bit about what's going on.
This weekend, C has been building hutches for our three breeder meat rabbits that we will be picking up on Monday. It was a little bit of an impulse buy, as the opportunity came up out of the blue, but we are looking forward to a new experiment. Meanwhile, the chickens took advantage of the nice weather and literally flew the coop when I neglected to latch their inner door while leaving the outer door open for fresh air. We managed to herd them into the garden where they did a nice job scratching around and weeding the garden beds for me.
Unfortunately, all this free ranging led to a bit of an adventure. When the sun started going down, the chickens started milling over towards the coop. AW was outside watching her daddy (one of her favorite activities), and something happened very quickly. Our very large white Orpington rooster, Ned Stark, startled her and she fell down and he attacked her. Fortunately, she's ok, and escaped with a just a couple of scratches, but he will be headed for the chopping block tomorrow. She is looking forward to eating him in chicken and dumplings next week (her favorite dinner).
We are learning more and more about sensory processing disorder, especially after meeting with our new occupational therapist (OT) this week. She said that OT should help DC with emotional regulation as well.
I'm doing a lot of writing for History Unboxed and I'm looking forward to speaking at a conference about this awesome product.
I've also been working hard on promoting my own company, Green Mama Parenting. Just in case you aren't in the loop, my business is all about supporting parents, particularly in the first year. I'm also working on some herbal tea and bath blends as part of that venture.
We joined a homeschool co-op, and AW is already making friends. So are we! We recently had another co-op family over for dinner. It's nice to have local friends.
And finally, I'm working on a couple of resolutions I made at the beginning of the year. I wanted to reduce my phone usage, and have been tracking it regularly. I still have room for improvement, but it's much better than it was. I'm also trying to read more regularly, and although I haven't been meeting my goal to read 15 minutes a day 3 times per week, I'm still reading more than I was. I just finished Jane Eyre and am now reading The Late Mr. Shakespeare. I also listened to Moby Dick on audiobook, in solidarity with a friend, and I am so glad to be done with the whale forever.
I have a couple of rambly blog posts in mind, so look for more soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment