Friday, January 16, 2015

Mobility

The big news this week was that DC learned to crawl. We were at a friend's house and I put him on the floor in the living room. Then I came back. He was not where I left him. 

He started by the yellow scarf in the bottom left corner. See if you can figure out where he ended up. 

He spent much of the week improving on his technique. He also tried some new foods, including tomato soup and frittata. Both were a big hit!

He had his 6 month checkup yesterday. He weighs 15 pounds and 10 ounces. The doctor said that at his nine month visit they usually check on physical milestones but he's already met all of them. The only downside of the appointment is that we've been referred to a pediatric ophthalmologist for lazy eye. AW was great during his appointment and asked the doctor to listen to her heart too. 

AW's highlights of the week included a return to sitting in a big person chair after a brief return to the high chair, helping me cook, playing with friends, and reading lots of Clifford books. 

The other big excitement? Our heater died on Wednesday. It could have been a lot worse but we have a gas fireplace and a space heater, and the upstairs runs separately. Nevertheless, I was glad up have it fixed today! 




I also announced my new position as a Share  the Love host. Share the Love is a non profit cloth diaper bank for needy families. I'm now collecting donations of cloth diapers, accessories, and laundry detergent to distribute to families in the area. I'm excited to be able to help out. 

Last night, I went to Walmart to buy disposable diapers for the first time in two years. DC has a yeast infection, so we are bleaching all the diapers and keeping him in disposables until his treatment is finished. I couldn't believe how much I had to pay for a week's worth of diapers.  Granted, I wasn't buying in bulk, and I didn't buy the cheapest because of blowout risk. But still. I could provide cloth diapers for a day's worth of changes for the price of a large box of disposables. Nothing fancy, but enough to get the job done. There are plenty of families that have to choose between groceries and diapers. I want to help solve that problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment